Friday, January 16, 2015

Book Review: Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Never Never (Never Never #1)
Authors:  Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Publisher:  Hoover Ink, 140 pages
Publication Date:  January 8, 2015

From Goodreads:
Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.


Review:
Loved the premise of this book. It's such a fun suspenseful thriller, with Silas and Charlie trying to figure out what's going on, remembering nothing, not even who they are. Sort of reminded me of the Mara Dyer series. I really can't say more without ruining it, because it's twisty. It's better to go in blind.

But this is not a complete book and it just ends right when it was getting really good. Sooooo frustrating, I'm actually a bit pissed off. This "book" is only 140 pages. Why not just finish the entire thing and then release it? Why torture me like this??  It would have been AMAZING had the authors just waited until they wrote the entire book to release it.  And as far as I know, there's no news regarding when the next part will be released.

If you read it, just know going in that this is only PART of a book.  And it ends in a HUGE cliffhanger.  



Posted by: Pam

5 comments:

  1. It's only 140 pages??? That's practically a novella. What the heck? I was so excited about this book because Colleen Hoover is amazing (even though I've only read one of her books) and I've heard amazing things about Tarryn Fisher. Have you read her other series? I think I'll wait on this one until the next part comes out. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing about this book over and over for the last month. I wanted to buy it but I was unsure but I love the idea of like memory loss and suspense, I love a twisty story.

    They have been posting about book two on social media which comes out in May I believe the 17th. The cover for book two is exactly the same except something is missing. It's pretty cool how they're playing it.

    I think I'll wait until book two to buy this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 140 pages? Not a complete book? That's weird... I'm definitely waiting until the WHOLE book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really!? I haven't read anything by Colleen Hoover although I know she is loved by many. I wasn't really that interested in this, but now I'll definitely wait before I think about picking it up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Mara Dyer series, so that comparison really interests me. I feel like I've been hearing nothing but good things about this book lately and I ought to try it. Certainly what you said about going in blind = better reminds me of MD.

    The book is only 140 pages??? WHAAAAT. It's a serialized version? I'm guessing they will release the full book once they're finished but releasing it serialized and then in boxed copies and then as one full book with "extras" will probably yield better sales. Sorry you'll have to wait a while to find out more about the story :(

    ReplyDelete