Friday, October 31, 2014

Recent Recommended Reads

I read so many books that I don't write reviews for every single one.  I also tend not to write a review for  the final book in a series (I sometimes do, but most of the time I don't).  So this post is to let you know of recent books I've read that I recommend but never wrote a review.  These are super mini reviews.

Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands #3) by Sarah Fine.  What an incredible series ender!  The world-building is unique (love the different after life worlds), and the romance.  It. Is. Incredible.  Kick-ass heroine and swoony love interest.  LOVED THIS SERIES.  READ IT.
In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds #3) by Alexandra Bracken.  Amazing, amazing, amazing.  I will miss Ruby, Liam, Chubs, and Zu.  Intense, action-packed, with so much character growth.  I am in love with this series and the last book did not disappoint.  Alexandra Bracken = auto-buy for me.
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  JLA is a freaking genius, that's all I have to say.  Entertaining and fun, this series has me feeling all the feels, that's for sure.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually been torn between two guys in a book (actually, I think it's just this book and one other).  Zayne!!!  He shines in this book.  He is Aiden, I tell you.  Roth!!!  Even though he's a demon, he's a good guy.  Both are swoony.  I'm stressed, I tell you.  READ IT!!!
Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch.  I really enjoyed this first book in a new series.  Great high fantasy with interesting magic.  It has a Game of Thrones feel because of all of the politics.  Eight kingdoms, yes eight.  Loved the MC and yes, there is a love triangle, but it's not annoying and both are actually really good guys.  Saw the twist coming, but still recommend this one and I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan.  I can't recommend this series enough.  Hilarious dialogue with one of the snarkiest, sassiest, funniest MCs I've ever read about.  The secondary characters are AMAZING and there's a whole Scobby Doo gang vibe going (think Buffy's gang).  This last book was such a fantastic end, I basically wanted to start reading the whole series again after I finished.  So. Many. Feels!!!   I give this one my highest recommendation.



Have you read any of these?  Plan to?

Posted by:  Pam

5 comments:

  1. I plan to read Snow Like Ashes. These all sound pretty good. Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Snow Like Ashes and of course Stone Cold Touch!! Roth!!!! And Zayne!! But mostly Roth. Because you know how much I love my bad boys. ;) I really want to try Sarah Fine's books and Sarah Rees Brennan. I've heard good things about both. And I just bought The Darkest Minds on my Kindle so maybe I'll start that series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well, that explains my previous comment LOL. Glad you loved In the Afterlight!
    I will be binge reading the Guards of the Shadowlands series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I've read Chaos and Snow Like Ashes as you know and my feelings are pretty much the same! And I plan to read the rest of these so I'm excited to see such high praise (and for the good reads in store for me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are on my list. Alexandra Bracken came to a local bookstore and I couldn't go and about died! I'm hoping she'll come again. Snow Like Ashes I started, but had to put down for some other reading. I own a copy, so I need to read it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete