Sunday, September 15, 2013

Book Review: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Origin (Lux #4)
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing, 364 pages
Publication Date:  August 27, 2013

From Goodreads:
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?(


Review:
I absolutely love this series, it's one of my favorites, and this book doesn't disappoint.  Oh Katy and Daemon, I love you both!  Daemon is still his cocky and obnoxious snarky self, but oh so loyal and loving.  And they are both so badass.  The scenes between he and Katy...Gah!  Love love love them.  Sigh!  And there are chapters from Daemon's POV.  Ahhhh!


There is plenty of action, twists and turns, and quite a few betrayals and death.  There is a new awesome character, Archer.  Cannot wait for more of him, but I can't say anything more or it will spoil it.  Dee is back to being herself.  

You definitely find out more about the Luxen, and Daedalus.  And the Origins...very interesting.  

If you haven't read this series, start reading it now!  Jennifer Armentrout writes characters in such a way that you become emotionally invested in them, the romance is soooo good, the dialogue is realistic and fun, and there is plenty of action.  She usually kills me with the cliffhangers, but this one is not so bad.  I guess I can live until the next (and last) book.  Sob!


Posted by:  Pam

10 comments:

  1. I loved the previous books in the series but I was a bit unsure about this one!
    This one seems so different than the others especially the changing POVs! But your review is definitely a good sign! And after that cliffhanger in the last one I'm really curious to see how everything turns out!!
    Great review!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cliffhanger in Opal just killed me, I was about to throw by Kindle against the wall. This one isn't as bad. I enjoyed the changing POVs. Hope you end up liking it! ~Pam

      Delete
  2. Love the GIF, it fits my feelings toward Daemon perfectly :D

    I also loved Archer and Luc, Luc absolutely cracked me up!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't mention Luc, but yes, he's definitely a character. Now we just have to wait for the next one! ~Pam

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's such a good series, you should read it. And I love the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout too. ~Pam

      Delete
  4. I'm one of those people who still haven't read this series, yet. When the first book came out, the cover didn't wow me and the summary just sounded like other alien books I had read before. But man, oh man, I regret thinking that! Every review I've seen about this particular book is raving. I can tell I'm missing out! Plus, characters that I become emotionally involved in are my favorite. Will have to make room for this series!

    Christine @ The Bookish Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer Armentrout is one of my favorite authors, I basically read anything she writes. The Covenant series is great too. ~Pam

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these books yet, but keep hearing great things! Maybe it's time for me to pick them up...

    Rebecca @ The Library Canary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. She definitely has a talent for creating characters you become emotionally invested in. ~Pam

      Delete